We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Site.
- When you provide such information directly to us.
- Whenever you interact with our Site, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device, which may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, “cookie” information, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our Site, and the page or feature you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Site are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
- We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, if you submit a form through the “Contact Us” page, we will collect Personal Data such as your name, email address, phone number, and the company for whom you are requesting information. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
- We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of Mindful Social Marketing or other businesses, or email you about your use of the Site. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by sending an email to [email protected].
- We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Site – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Site, and we can use that knowledge to make the Site interesting to as many users as possible.
- When you use the Site and such information is collected automatically.
- Through Cookies (defined in the “Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out” section below).
- If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location.
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Site.
- When you provide such information directly to us.
- Third Parties
- Advertising Partners
- We receive information about you from some of our vendors, such as Google Analytics and Marketo, who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications.
Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data
We process Data to operate, improve, understand, and personalize our Site. We use Personal Data for the following:
- Providing, Customizing and Improving the Site
- Providing you with the products, services or information you request.
- Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
- Providing support and assistance for the Site.
- Improving the Site, including testing, research, internal analytics and product development.
- Personalizing the Site, website content and communications based on your preferences.
- Responding to user inquiries and fulfilling user requests.
- Doing fraud protection, security and debugging.
- Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
- Marketing our services
- Marketing and selling our services.
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
- Corresponding with You
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about Mindful Social Marketing, our services or the Site.
- Sending emails and other communications according to your preferences or that display content that we think will interest you.
- Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- Fulfilling our contractual obligations.
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of you, Mindful Social Marketing or another party.
- Enforcing any agreements with you.
- Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Resolving disputes.
- Maintaining the security of our products and services.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Will Mindful Social Marketing Share Any of the Personal Data it Receives?
We disclose your Personal Data to the categories of service providers and other parties listed in this section. Depending on state laws that may be applicable to you, some of these disclosures may constitute a “sale” of your Personal Data. For more information, please refer to the state-specific sections below.
- Service Providers. In some circumstances, we employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use a third-party mail management service to send you emails on our behalf. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. They include:
- Hosting, technology and communication providers.
- Advertising Partners. These parties help us market our services and provide you with other offers that may be of interest to you. They include:
- Ad networks.
- Data brokers.
- Marketing providers.
- Analytics Partners. These parties provide analytics on web traffic or usage of the Site. They include:
- Companies that track how users found or were referred to the Site.
- Companies that track how users interact with the Site.
We may share any Personal Data that we collect with third parties in conjunction with any of the activities set forth under “Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms” in the “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above.
We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer account, contact, and other Personal Data in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control (in whole or in part), Personal Data could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Data that is Not Personal Data
We may de-identify your Personal Data so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Site, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience.
Tracking Tools, Advertising and Opt-Out
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you. For more information about this, please see the section below titled “Information about Interest-Based Advertisements.” We use LinkedIn, Facebook, and 6Sense for interest-based advertising.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your device. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our Site and functionalities may not work.
Is Personal Data About Me Secure?
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Data we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Personal Data Can I Access?
The Site currently does not include the ability to access your information. If you have any questions about the information we may have on file about you regarding your use of the Site, please contact us at [email protected].
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Some information may remain in our records even if you request deletion of such information from your account. We may use aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Data after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
Personal Data of Children
California Resident Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the rights set forth in this section. Please see the “Exercising Your Rights” section below for instructions regarding how to exercise these rights. Please note that we may process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of certain services to our customers. If we are processing your Personal Data as a service provider, you should contact the entity that collected your Personal Data in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. In response, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Data to any third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third party recipient. If we have sold your Personal Data over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data sold to each category of third party recipient.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected about you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with our services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you or your Authorized Agent (defined below) must send us a request that (1) provides your first name, last name, company, and email address to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.